Consider the Riemann Problem (RP) for the traffic flow model
$u_t + (u − u^2)_x = 0$
$U_L = 5/6$ and $U_R = 1/2$
i) Solve the RP. It will have a rarefaction wave.
ii) In the model,
$(u − u^2)/u = 1 − u$
(flux divided by density) is the scaled average speed of an individual car. Find the formula for the position $x(t)$ of a car that starts at $x(0) = −1$ in the traffic described by the RP above. Hint: it will be a three part solution, with two easy parts.
- 357 views
- Equipartition of energy in the wave equation
- Two masses attached to three springs - Differential equations
- How should I approach this question?
- Use the divergence theorem to derive Green's identity
- 2nd Order ODE IVP non homogeneous
- Applied Partial Differential Equations with fourier series and boundary value problems 5th edition 1.4.7 part B
- Explicit formula for the trasport equation