Quantile function of CDF
Given the CDF F(x) in the picture I am asked to give examples of two quantile functions for it. I have attached a quantile function below but how can you compute another one? I got a hint that you should be able to do something at p=0.5 and p=0.8
Answers can be viewed only if
- The questioner was satisfied and accepted the answer, or
- The answer was disputed, but the judge evaluated it as 100% correct.
The answer is accepted.
Join Matchmaticians Affiliate Marketing Program to earn up to 50% commission on every question your affiliated users ask or answer.
- 202 views
- Operational research : queueing theory
- Three unbiased coins are tossed. What is the probability of getting at most two heads?
- ANCOVA: R Squared and Partial Eta Squared
- Calculating Dependant Probability of Multiple Events
- One Way Anova
- foundations in probability
- Five married couples are seated around a table at random. Let $X$ be the number of wives who sit next to their husbands. What is the expectation of $X$ $(E[X])$?
- stats - data analysis