This is actually a trick question. Not time consuming if you see the trick. The two poles are a distance of 0 (zero) apart. Draw the poles and the cable. By logical thinking, half of the cable is 50 meters. The cable therefore is hanging directly downward! Meaning that the cable has to be doubled back upon itself, and the two poles must be coincident and 0 (zero) meters apart!
- 1 Answer
- 195 views
- Pro Bono
- Make a 2D polygon - but all the side lengths (bar one) are whole numbers, and all angles are multiples of 22.5
- How can I find steering angle if the only information I have is arc length, vehicle length, and how far my vehicle is off course?
- Help finding the internal angles of my bike frame
- How to recalculate 2D polygon side lengths when tilt is applied in 3D space?
- Find the area of the shaded region
- Probability that the distance between two points on the sides of a square is larger than the length of the sides
- Find the volume of the solid obtained by rotating $y=x^2$ about y-axis, between $x=1$ and $x=2$, using the shell method.
- Determine the surface area of a ball, rotating a function about $x$-axis.