A complete revision:
Match and Win Promotion
- A pre-selected envelope will contain 3 items in it.
- Nine (9) items will be on the board for a person to select only 3 of the items that they think is in the pre-selected envelope.
- The Match and Win Promotion will be on a Friday and Saturday Night over a seven (7) week period for a total of 14 promotional nights.
- Each night drawings will be conducted at 6 pm, 7 pm, 8 pm, 9 pm, 10 pm and 11 pm for a total of 6 different chances to win.
- Using a combinations formula of C(n,r) there are 84 possible combinations of choosing 3 out of 9 items. (if I did that corretly)
- Based on the number of combinations, there would be 84 envelopes created with each possible outcome in each envelope.
- Only 6 envelopes will be selected to use each promotional night then no longer used again. So envelopes will change each night.
- What is the probability of getting 3, 2, or 1 correct or nothing (0)?
Hopefully this is easier to understand. Maybe...
The answer is accepted.
Join Matchmaticians Affiliate Marketing Program to earn up to 50% commission on every question your affiliated users ask or answer.