The torque. T Nm, required to rotate shafts of different diameters, D mm, on a machine has been tested and recorded below.
a) Use the method of least squares to determine the linear regression equation that relates the torque to the diamter. Use 3 decimal places for the figures.
b) Using your answer for part a), estimate the value of torque required when the diameter is 7mm to 2 decimal places.
c) Calcualate the co-efficient of correlation between these variables to 4 decimal places.
Show working out as I already have the answers I need methodolgy to get ot the right answer
The answer is accepted.
- 133 views
- Statistics/percentage question
- Stochastic Analysis question
- please use statistics to explain spooky phenomenon
- Statisitical Experimental Design Question
- Stochastic Processes Questions
- "Estimate of standard error of the proportion"
- How do I meaningfully display Kruskal Wallis Data when I have a lot of zeroes?
- How would I write an acceptance-rejection algorithm for this problem