Three questions on the annihilator
The three questions are:
(a) Prove that if $ U ⊂ V$ is a linear subspace then $U^\circ $ is also a linear subspace of $V^*$.
(b) If $f \in V^*$ is a non-zero element how is $(Span(f))^o $ related to $ker f$?
(c) When $V = R^3$, describe the subspace $(Span(\epsilon^2 + \epsilon^3))^\circ$.
More info on the annihilator is found in the image.
I think for question (b) you need to show that $\Psi(ker(f))=(Span(f))^\circ$ (and you possibly need the Lemma in the image as well).
Answers can be viewed only if
- The questioner was satisfied and accepted the answer, or
- The answer was disputed, but the judge evaluated it as 100% correct.
The answer is accepted.
Join Matchmaticians Affiliate Marketing Program to earn up to 50% commission on every question your affiliated users ask or answer.
- 265 views
- Thickness of Multiple Spherical Shells
- Geometry Problem about Hole Placement on PVC Pipe
- Can enough pizza dough be made to cover the surface of the earth?
- Geometry without using trigonometry
- Help Calculating Surface Area of a Cylinder with a Slit
- How do I negate the effect that the rotation of a plane has on a rectangle?
- A trigonometry question
- I am looking for a formula to calculate the radii of an ellipsoid from coordinates of non-coplanar locii on its surface.