Suppose $X$ and $Y$ are independent exponential random variables, where $X$ has mean $\lambda$ and $Y$ has mean $2\lambda$.
Answers can be viewed only if
- The questioner was satisfied and accepted the answer, or
- The answer was disputed, but the judge evaluated it as 100% correct.
The answer is accepted.
Join Matchmaticians Affiliate Marketing Program to earn up to 50% commission on every question your affiliated users ask or answer.
- 160 views
- Poisson process question
- Slot Machine Probability
- Goalscorer Probability question
- Borell-Cantelli Lemma application
- Find a number for 𝛼 so f(x) is a valid probability density function
- Hypothesis Testing, Probabilities
- Draw a token from a bag of 9 blue tokens and 1 red token
- Trajectory detection in noise - the probability of at least one random point being within epsilon distance of the trajectory?