What is the probability that the last person to board an airplane gets to sit in their assigned seat?
Two hundred people line up to board an airplane. Each has a boarding pass with assigned seat. However, the first person to board has lost his boarding pass and takes a random seat. After that, each person takes the assigned seat if it is unoccupied, and one of unoccupied seats at random otherwise. What is the probability that the last person to board gets to sit in their assigned seat?
- 597 views
- Probability and Statistics Question
- Bivariate Normality questions
- Probability of more than 1 goal at the end of a match
- There are a total of 95 coins, quarters and dimes, and the total is $15.35. How many dimes are there ?
- Maximum Likelihood Estimation
- Sq ft of bldg provided, feet of bldg burnt given, questions ask to represent the burnt structure in a fraction please help
- I need help with this Trig formula
- Is it possible to transform $f(x)=x^2+4x+3$ into $g(x)=x^2+10x+9$ by the given sequence of transformations?