Based on Saffir-Simpson scale, Category 5 Hurricanes are those with windspeeds ? 157mph. According to National Hurricane Center (NHC), there are no official records of Category 5 Hurricane in the Atlantic before 1924; whereas, 33 Category 5 Hurricanes were officially recorded in between 1924 and 2017. The mean of ?maximum recorded wind speed? for ?Category 5? Hurricanes is 168 mph (µ). Assuming that this variable is normally distributed with a standard deviation, ? of 7 mph, what is the probability that 1. A future catastrophic Hurricane to hit the Atlantic coast will have max. wind speed in between 190 mph and 210 mph? 2. A future catastrophic Hurricane to hit the Atlantic coast will have max. wind speed less than 160 mph?
Thank you very much
- 89 views
- Please check if my answers are correct - statistic, probability
- Bernoulli problem
- Probabilty question
- Currently studying a grad level Statistical Inference course. I'd just like some clarification regarding how to obtain the Rao-Cramer Lower Bound for a statistic.
- Statistics and Probability
- Question about COEFFICIENT OF CORRELATION
- Probability and Statistics Question