How do I correctly set up an equation to solve for the probability of rolling a straight of X amount. First with 5, then 10 then 15 dice and so on. See image.
So for example: (6 sided die) I would roll 10 dice all at once, order does not matter. What is the probability I would get at least one straight of 3. Straight of 3 meaning a set of one of these numbers 123 or 234 or 345 or 456.
Edit (rephrasing example question):
What is the probability of rolling 1,2,3 or 2,3,4 or 3,4,5 or 4,5,6 out of 10 dice?
I am making a statistics chart that I can pull data from when making cards for a board game. If this can be done in excel that would be helpful too. I am guessing this is a one and done scenario, so I am not too focus on retaining the knowledge.
- 420 views
- "Estimate of standard error of the proportion"
- Choosing the right statistical tests and how to organize the data accourdingly (student research project)
- Question about sample size calculation for a single arm long term follow-up study
- Need help with negative proportions in experiment
- Operations research
- How do I compare categorical data with multiple uneven populations?
- Probability and Statistics Question help please
- Sample size calculation for a cross sectional healthcare study