A stick is fixed at one end and held horizontally. A weight is attached to the free end. The stick bends, and remains horizontal at the fixed end. Describe the curve formed by the stick.
Show all work. Cite any and all sources.
Please share your ideas about how your answer might generalize, any interesting thoughts you have while doing the problem, etc.
- 418 views
- Minimizing the cost of building a box
- 2 conceptual college statistics questions - no equations
- There are a total of 95 coins, quarters and dimes, and the total is $15.35. How many dimes are there ?
- Pulling balls out of a bin
- Algebra 1 Word Problem #3
- Use first set of data to derive a second set
- Exponential growth word problem
- Algebra Word Problem 3