A potter makes five pots a day. Each pot requires one unit of clay. In addition to the material cost, she has the following costs for the clay: - A one-time cost of M dollar for each delivery. - A warehousing cost of K dollar/ day for each unit of clay in the warehouse.
a) Let M = 3000 and K = 10. How often should She order to minimize the cost of the Clay?
b) How does M and K affect how often she should order? Vary M and K and try to find connections.
- 261 views
- Riemann Sums for computing $\int_0^3 x^3 dx$
- Work problem involving pumping water from tank
- Explain partial derivatives v3
- Basic calc question
- Function Invertibility/Inverse & Calculus, One question. Early Uni/College level
- Spot my mistake and fix it so that it matches with the correct answer. The problem is calculus based.
- Convergence integrals
- Optimization Quick Problem