Finance question with bonds
An investor owns a 1000 par value 10% bond with semiannual coupons. The
bond will mature at par at the end of 10 years. The investor decides that
an 8-year bond would be preferable. Current yield rates are 7% convertible
semiannually. The investor uses the proceeds from the sale of the 10% bond
to purchase a 6% bond with semiannual coupons, maturing at par at the end
of 8 years. Find the par value of the 8-year bond.
may want to use this resource https://archive.org/details/theoryofinterest00kell/page/1/mode/1up?view=theater
Answers can be viewed only if
- The questioner was satisfied and accepted the answer, or
- The answer was disputed, but the judge evaluated it as 100% correct.
The answer is accepted.
Join Matchmaticians Affiliate Marketing Program to earn up to 50% commission on every question your affiliated users ask or answer.
- 130 views
- Black Scholes Calculation
- Amortization Table
- Finding Probability Density Function of a Standard Brownian motion: Conditioning for two different cases
- Contract Crediting Rate Formula
- Optimal Control - Calculus of Variations
- Solving Constant Product for price
- Fixed installment loans?
A fund pays 1 at time t = 0, 2 at time t = 2n and 1 at time t = 4n. The
present value of the payments is 3.61. Calculate $(1 + i)^n$.