Find solutions to the Riemann Problems
i) Find the solution to the Riemann Problem for
$u_t + (u^3)_x = 0$
$U_L = 2$ and $U_R = 1$
ii) Find the solution to the Riemann Problem for
$v_t + 3/2 (v^4)_x = 0$
$V_L = 4$ and $V_R = 1$
iii) Show that $v = u^2$ with u from (i) formally solves (ii). Hint: multiply (i) by $u$.
Answers can be viewed only if
- The questioner was satisfied and accepted the answer, or
- The answer was disputed, but the judge evaluated it as 100% correct.
The answer is accepted.
Join Matchmaticians Affiliate Marketing Program to earn up to 50% commission on every question your affiliated users ask or answer.
- 168 views
- Show that the following subset Ω of Euclidean space is open
- Equipartition of energy in the wave equation
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- What is the transfer function of this system of differential equations?
- How does the traffic flow model arrive at the scaled equation?
- Solve the integral equation, (integro-differential)
- Find the General Solution
- Variation of Parameter for Variable Coefficient Equation