A coin sold for $\$ 269$ in 1980 and was sold again in 1989 for $\$ 477$. Assume that the growth in the value $V$ of the collector's item was exponential.
a) Find the value k of the exponential growth rate. Assume $V_0$ equals=269.
b) Find the exponential growth function in terms of t, where t is the number of years since 1980.
c) Estimate the value of the coin in 2013.
d) What is the doubling time for the value of the coin to the nearest tenth of a year?
e) Find the amount of time after which the value of the coin will be $ \$ 2878$.
- 537 views
- System of linear equations
- Sq ft of bldg provided, feet of bldg burnt given, questions ask to represent the burnt structure in a fraction please help
- Donald is 6 years older than Sophia. In 4 years the sum of their ages will be 74. How old is Donald now?
- Two masses attached to three springs - Differential equations
- Pulling balls out of a bin
- Extreme equation problem
- $2n$ ambassador seating around a round table so that no one seats next to an enemy
- Statistics and Probability